This document covers creating an assessment in Crowdmark’s Classic interface. For the new interface, click here.
You can create two kinds of assessments in Crowdmark: Administered and Assigned.
The Administered assessment allows an instructor to create paper exams, tests, or assignments that are written by students and then scanned into Crowdmark for evaluation.
The Assigned assessment empowers an instructor to deliver homework or assignments to students electronically with a due date and provides students with methods to enter or upload their responses for evaluation on Crowdmark.
All students and team members are included in an assessment by default but you can include or exclude specific students, sections or team members.
Creating an assessment
- From your course page, click the Create assessment button in the upper right corner. Click New assessment. A modal window will appear.
- Enter a name for your assessment in the Assessment name field.
- Select the students who will be writing the assessment. You can include all students, a specific section, or you can include/exclude specific students. To customize the students who will be included, select “Custom…” in the Students dropdown menu and include or exclude students by searching for them. This can be changed anytime after setting up the assessment.
- Select the team members who should have access to the assessment. Note that Instructors have access to all assessments. You can include all team members or include/exclude specific team members. To customize who will be included, select “Custom…” in the Instructional team dropdown menu and include or exclude team members by searching for them. This can be changed anytime after setting up the assessment.
- Click the Save button. The assessment is created and is ready to be set up. The setup process depends on which type of assessment you are creating. For next steps, see Choosing an assessment type.