The Students page of an Assigned Assessment contains a wealth of information available to Facilitators and Instructors.
What can you see on the Students page?
- Name: This information includes either the student’s name, email address, or both, and corresponds to what is listed on your Course’s Students page.
- Student ID #: If you have updated student information in your course roster to include student ID #’s, this unique identifier will be displayed in this column.
- Section: If your course has sections, you can see which section each student belongs to.
- Status: This column indicates the status of the assessment, from here you can see whether an email notification was sent to the student and if they have viewed, started, or submitted their assessment.
- Submit time: A date and time stamp will indicate that a student has submitted their assessment, while a blank space will indicate that a student is still yet to submit or complete the assessment.
- Score: This column allows you to see student scores at a glance.
- Modified due date: This column displays due date accommodations for a student.
- Modified timer: This column displays time limit accommodations for a student. Note, this column will only be visible in timed assessments.
- Modified penalty: This column displays lateness penalty accommodations for a student.
Find any student in seconds by using the integrated search bar. Search by any available student data including name, email, or student ID.
Use filters to find groups of students who have something in common, such as email status, submission status, or accommodations. To view all students again, simply click on the ‘clear filter’ button to remove any selections.
Use this tool to customize which columns are visible. Toggle columns on or off based on your preferences or needs. Any changes you make will be saved for all student tables in assigned assessments.
On desktop devices, we freeze both the first and last columns to maintain context when viewing large tables. On mobile devices, only the last column is frozen. Frozen columns ensure that the student name, email, and the student menu remain visible at all times in the student table.
Change the number of student records that appear on each page by clicking on the number of students displayed. Choose from 10 to 100 records per page. Any changes you make will be saved for all student tables in assigned assessments.
You can now track the progress from unscheduled email to submission with a simplified status column. In assigned assessments, an email icon indicates email updates, while a user icon represents submission updates.
Emails are sent to students when assessments are distributed and when grades are released. The status column offers insights into whether emails were sent successfully or if there are issues. Clicking an email status opens the Email history drawer. Here, you can review the email address used, the number of sent emails, and troubleshoot any failures. You’ll also find the option to resend an email.
Once students receive emails, they can access and start assessments. After students have begun the assessment, you can keep an eye on their progress by checking their submission status. Clicking a submission status opens the Activity log, where student actions are recorded on a timeline.
Learn what each status indicator means:
Emails will be sent when you click the Distribute button
Emails are ready to be sent at the assessment’s scheduled distribution time
Emails are currently waiting to be sent by Crowdmark
The email was delivered successfully
The email failed to send. Check the student’s email history for details and try resending. If that doesn’t work, please contact Crowdmark Support.
The student has opened the assessment. If the assessment is Timed, this means the student has viewed the gating page. Note: If the assessment is not Timed, this means the student has viewed the assessment content
Timed assessment only. The student has clicked through the gating page and started the assessment.
The student has clicked the Submit button on their assessment.
The student clicked the Submit button after the due date passed, or after the timer ran out in a Timed assessment
The student’s submission failed. You can see details about the failure in the Activity log, or contact Crowdmark Support for further investigation.
Click on the three-dot menu that appears at the end of each row to access the student menu. This menu provides easy access to all student-related actions in a single location.
For assigned assessments, you can perform the following actions:
- View submissions or submit for a student
- Access student work in the grading interface
- See the score page
- Check email history for sent emails
- Review student activity in the log
- Apply accommodations
- Visit the student’s profile page
To ensure the best viewing experience, some menu items will open in a full-screen view or side drawer. To leave these views and return to the student table, simply click the close icon positioned in the top-left corner of your screen.
Including, excluding or adding new students
Access the student roster tool by clicking the Manage students button. The student roster will indicate which students have been assigned to the assessment. If sections are available in your course, you can use the tabs above the list of students to navigate between sections. Click checkboxes next to students to include or exclude them from the assessment. To select or deselect an entire section, use the checkbox at the top of the page to include or exclude all students in that tab. You can also use the search function to find a student in any section.
Note, once a student has submitted, they can no longer be excluded from the assessment.
New students added to the course will automatically be included in any assessments where the due dates have not passed. If the due date has passed, but the assessment hasn’t been graded, you can include the student manually in the assessment. If the assessment has been graded, students can no longer be added. You are able to duplicate the assessment for a new student using the instructions here.
Email notifications will be sent automatically when a new student is added to an assessment.