Signing in / connecting an existing account
To access Crowdmark, you must sign in with your Canvas credentials through your institution’s sign in page on Crowdmark. If you already have an account on Crowdmark that is not connected to Canvas, this process will connect your account.
- Navigate to the Crowdmark sign in page: https://app.crowdmark.com/sign-in and choose your school from the list. If you can’t find your school, contact Crowdmark Support. Your school may not be integrated with Canvas yet.
- You will see a list of sign in options for your school’s integrations. Click “Sign in with Canvas” (or your school’s unique name for Canvas).
- You will be redirected to your school’s authentication system. Many schools have a Central Authentication System (CAS). Enter your username and password to continue (If you are currently signed in to Canvas you won’t be prompted to sign in).
- If this is your first time signing in to Crowdmark with Canvas, you will need to confirm that you’d like to give Crowdmark permission to connect to your Canvas account. Check “Do not ask me again for this application” if you’d like to skip this step next time.
- Crowdmark will see if your email address is already associated with a Crowdmark account – > If you don’t have a Crowdmark account yet, your account will be created automatically. -> If you already have a Crowdmark account, you will be prompted to type in your password for verification and to connect your existing account with Canvas. If you can’t remember your password, you can reset it.
- You will be signed in to Crowdmark.
- Once your Canvas account is connected to Crowdmark, you will be brought to the My Courses page.
- To the right of the My Courses title, you will see a logo and text similar to “Canvas @ My School”. This dropdown menu allows you to switch between the Canvas-connected context of Crowdmark and the “standalone” version of Crowdmark.
- If you already had a standalone account on Crowdmark before connecting to Canvas, you can switch to the “Crowdmark” context to access your existing courses and assessments. Courses and assessments created in the standalone context cannot be connected to Canvas.