Instructors have the ability to schedule remote Administered exam sessions in Crowdmark and invite proctors in other locations to supervise the exams. The exam session feature provides a proctor with the resources to administer the exam and upload student work to Crowdmark. Creating a session and inviting a proctor will enable them to:
- Sign in to Crowdmark
- View the session details (date, location, participating students)
- Download a QR-coded exam booklet for each student (a page is added to each booklet with the student and course information)
- Scan and upload completed exam booklets to Crowdmark
Creating a remote sessionBefore you can create a session, your assessment needs to be fully set up with a template uploaded and PDF generated. Once the assessment is ready:
- Click Assessment settings and turn on the toggle to Enable remote exam sessions.
- In the left side menu, click Sessions, then click Add session. A window with setup options will appear.
- Enter the Date and time your session will take place (if it doesn’t have a set date, you may choose a date range). Enter the Location (optional).
- Click Add session. The Session details page will appear.
- Under the Assessments and students section, click Add an assessment.
- Search for the course name and select the course/assessment name from the dropdown. If you can’t find the assessment, contact the instructor to verify that the exam was set up and the name is correct.Next, enter the name or email addresses of one of the students who will participate in the session. As you type, Crowdmark will narrow down the class list associated with the assessment. Select the correct student. Repeat for each student, then click Add to add the assessment and students.
- If this session will include multiple courses, repeat steps 5–6 until all assessments and students are added.
Inviting a proctorOnce your session has been created and has students, you can invite the proctor to administer the exams.
- Ensure that the session details page is open. Under the Proctor section, click Invite a proctor.
- Enter the proctor’s email address, a note with any additional instructions you would like to include (optional), and your contact information (optional).
- Click Invite proctor. An email will be sent to the proctor inviting them to sign in to Crowdmark to access the session details.
What will the proctor see?
- The invitation email will include a button for the proctor to accept the invitation and view the session page. If the proctor doesn’t have a Crowdmark account, they will be prompted to sign up before accepting the invitation.
- After accepting the invitation, the proctor will be directed to the session page.Note: You can also access this page by navigating to your Coordinate page, then clicking the proctor’s name in the “View as proctor” column.
- Each booklet the proctor downloads will have a QR code on each page (like normal Crowdmark exam booklets), but the booklet will be assigned and matched to a specific student. Crowdmark will add a page to the beginning of each booklet with student and course information to ensure that proctors distribute booklets to the correct students:
- There is a link to documentation for proctors in the right sidebar of the session page: Proctoring a remote exam session.