Downloading the Exam Matcher app
Exam Matcher is compatible with Android and iOS smartphones and tablets.
Generating a token in Crowdmark
When you open the app for the first time, you’ll see a Sign in screen prompting you to enter or scan a token to continue. If you are an Instructor or Facilitator in the assessment, you can generate tokens for your team of proctors by following the instructions below. If you’re a proctor, your instructor may generate tokens for you to use.
From your assessment’s Dashboard, click the Match with Exam Matcher app button.
Click the Generate token button. A 5-digit token and QR code will appear.
Enter your full name and the token in the Exam Matcher app (or scan the QR code to enter it automatically).
Notes about tokens
- Each token can only be used once. If you exit Exam Matcher, you will need to enter a new token to sign in again. We recommend that you generate and write down multiple tokens before the exam.
- Only Instructors and Facilitators have the ability to generate tokens. Any proctor with access to the Exam Matcher app can use the tokens.
Using the app to match students
Sign in using the token generated on your assessment’s Dashboard.
Approach the first student. Tap the Scan ID card button to activate your device’s camera/scanner. Scan the barcode on the student’s ID card. Once the card has been verified, the Match student screen with the student’s information will appear.
Tap the Scan QR button to activate your device’s camera/scanner. Scan the QR code on any page of the student’s assessment. The screen will switch to Matched student.
Tap Match another to repeat the process for the next student.
Monitoring academic integrity with flags
If any issues occur while matching, students can be “flagged” in Exam Matcher. This ensures that potential issues are logged discreetly and can be reviewed later on Crowdmark. You will have the opportunity to leave a note as part of the flagging process. Here are some examples of situations where flagging should take place:
- ID card could not be found — Tap Flag this student to continue. You will be asked to enter the student’s email address. Enter the email address and any relevant information in the Notes field. Tap Save and continue. The student will be flagged and you can proceed with the QR scanning step.
- Student did not present an ID card — Search for the student’s email address or ID card information. After selecting the student, tap Flag this student and enter any relevant information into the Notes field (“Doesn’t have an ID card”, for example). Tap Save and continue. The student will be flagged and you can proceed with the QR scanning step.
- You notice discrepancies between the student writing the exam, the physical ID card, and the data in Exam Matcher — After scanning the student’s ID card, tap Flag this student. Enter any relevant information into the Notes field and tap Save and continue. The student will be flagged and you can proceed with the QR scanning step.
- You suspect cheating — After scanning the student’s ID card, tap Flag this student. Enter any relevant information into the Notes field and tap Save and continue. The student will be flagged and you can proceed with the QR scanning step.
Reviewing flags in Crowdmark
After a student is flagged, the information is immediately sent to Crowdmark. Instructors and Facilitators can view the details on the Match with Exam Matcher app page (the page where tokens are generated). Instructors and Facilitators can see the date of the match, ID card information, student data from Crowdmark, notes and photos left by the proctor. Flags can be individually dismissed once the investigation is complete.