This document covers managing students in Assigned assessments in Crowdmark’s all-new interface. For the Crowdmark Classic interface, click here.
The Students page of an Assigned Assessment contains a wealth of information available to Facilitators and Instructors.
What can you see on the Students page?
- Name: This information would be either the student’s name or email address, and is the same as what’s found in your Course’s Students page. Clicking on a student’s name or email address will provide additional information including the Student ID #, Section, and a link to the student’s Course profile page.
- Email status: This column indicates whether emails have been sent to students. Clicking on the Email status will provide more information on the student’s contact email address, as well as the number of emails that have been sent, and an option to resend an email.
- View: These columns contain links to the student’s Submission, Grading and Score pages.
- Status: This column does triple duty, indicating whether or not a student has submitted their assessment, and containing the student’s Submission log. This is also where a student’s Accommodation options are found.
- Score: This column allows you to see student scores at a glance. If questions are randomized, Instructors and Facilitators will be able to see which version of each question the student received. Students do not see version information.
The Name, Email status, and Score are columns are sortable.
Email status indicators
Emails are sent to students when an assessment is distributed, and when grades are released. Using the information in this column, you’ll be able to see if emails have been sent successfully, or view further information if they have not.
Here’s what the email status indicators mean:
|Unscheduled||Emails will be sent when you click the Distribute button|
|Scheduled||Emails are ready to be sent at the assessment’s scheduled distribution time|
|Queued||The command to send emails has gone out, and the email is in queue to be sent|
|Sent||The email has been sent successfully|
|Opened||The email has been opened by the student|
|Failed||The email failed to send. You can try resending the email. If this doesn’t work, please contact Crowdmark Support|
|Hard Bounce||The email was undeliverable. This can happen when a student’s spam filter rejects the email, or if the email is invalid (eg. because of a typo). If the email is confirmed to be valid and continues to bounce, please contact Crowdmark Support for further investigation|
Clicking into the email status will show you what email address the system is using; how many emails have been sent to the student; and give further information on a Hard Bounce. This is also where you’ll see the option to resend an email.
Submission status indicators
The Status column tells you the student’s progress in an assessment.
Here’s what the different submission status indicators mean:
|Not viewed||The student has not viewed the assessment|
|Viewed||The student has opened the assessment. If the assessment is Timed, this means the student has viewed the gating page.Note: If the assessment is not Timed, this means the student has viewed the assessment content|
|Started||Timed assessment only. The student has clicked through the gating page and started the assessment|
|Submitted||The student has clicked the Submit button on their assessment|
|Submitted (late)||The student clicked the Submit button after the due date passed, or after the timer ran out in a Timed assessment|
|Failed||The student’s submission failed. You can see details on the failure in the Submission log or contact Crowdmark Support for further investigation|
Clicking into the Status column will open the student’s Submission log, where you can find records of every action taken by a student in an assessment, as well as the student’s Accommodation options. If Accommodations are enabled, you’ll see a small gear icon beside the student’s submission status.
Including, excluding or adding new students
Clicking the Customize option will show you which students have been assigned to this assessment. To edit who will receive this assessment, use the available tabs to select which students will be included. Clicking the checkboxes allows you to select specific students or sections to include or exclude from the assessment. You can also use the top left checkbox to include or exclude all students in that tab, or use the search function to find a specific student. Once a student has submitted work they can no longer be excluded from the assessment.
New students added to the course will automatically be included in any assessments where the due dates have not passed. If the due date has passed, but the assessment hasn’t been graded, you can include the student manually in the assessment. If the assessment has been graded, students can no longer be added. You are able to duplicate the assessment for a new student using the instructions here.
Email notifications will be sent automatically when a new student is added to an assessment.