Crowdmark is a collaborative grading and analytics platform for higher education that streamlines assessment, increases productivity and provides personalized learning. Our mission is to enrich the learning and teaching experience for students and educators by transforming assessment into a dialogue for improvement. Our core values include integrity, collaboration, and community.
Who we're looking for
You are an experienced Product Designer who is passionate about improving education on a global scale. You’ll be responsible for working with Customer Success and Engineering to solve customer problems with elegant interaction, beautiful, intuitive UI and the ability to make complex workflows seem simple. We are looking for someone who can lead projects through the full development cycle, conducting small-scale usability testing, and contributing to a central design system.
Once we meet you, we’ll find that you're a dynamic, resilient, flexible and adaptive person who is eager to do good and important work. You’re not just excited about joining a growing company and making a big impact here, but are also eager to make a direct and significant impact in the EdTech space.
In this role you’ll be:
- Creating features from beginning to end, including wireframes, mockups, and specifications for the development team. You'll need to anticipate different paths that users will take, design for edge cases, and make complex processes simple and efficient for users.
- Talking to and advocating for users, translating customer feedback, research, and company priorities into solutions and features
- Collaborating and iterating on ideas with the development, customer success, and sales teams to improve the assessment experience for educators and students
- Designing marketing materials for Crowdmark's website, social media, presentations, and events
- Maintaining design standards and a consistent user experience across the product, marketing, and anywhere design is involved
- Testing new features to ensure quality
- Keeping up to date on education technology, understanding the product as a system and how each change and new feature will fit into the future vision of the company
You must have:
- A degree or diploma related to design
- 3+ years of experience designing for the web (ideally a digital product or app)
- The ability to translate complex requirements into simple, user-friendly interfaces
- Worked with a design system or brand guidelines
- An understanding of the abilities and limitations of development for web and mobile applications
- Knowledge of best practices for design (including composition, typography, and colour), user experience, and accessibility
- Experience using design software (we’re currently using Adobe CS and Sketch)
Ideally, you have:
- Experience with production of print assets
- Experience working or volunteering in education
- Skills in animation and/or illustration
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation (but you should also be someone who wants a piece of the upside at a fast-growing company)
- Unlimited career growth potential
- Work in a collaborative fast paced environment
- Make a positive impact on the future of education
Interested? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration!