Crowdmark is a grading and assessment system that enables educators to grade paper-based exams and digital assessments 3x faster than traditional workflows while leaving richer feedback for students. Our mission is to enrich the learning and teaching experience for students and educators by transforming assessment into a dialogue for improvement. Our core values include integrity, collaboration, and community.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for a talented and ambitious Front-end Developer to join our team at a very exciting growth period for the company. At Crowdmark you will be able to build new features and make an impact from Day One. While you love building products and features from the ground up you also have the experience to master and maintain an existing code base.
You’ll be working with a small team of senior developers and experienced designers so you will be able to work efficiently without the red tape of a large company.
Lastly, you’re not just excited about joining a growing company and making a big impact here, but are also eager to make a direct and significant impact in the EdTech space.
In this role, you'll be
- Ensuring our product runs seamlessly on all devices and browsers to deliver an exceptional user experience
- Developing and implementing strategies on how to enhance the user experience and improve usability across our solution
- Assisting back-end developers with support and troubleshooting when necessary
- Building modular and reusable components and libraries
- Proposing upgrades and updates necessary for keeping up with modern security and development best practices
- Implement front-end automated testing frameworks
- Complete quality assurance testing activities to ensure each new release is ready for production
- Be accountable for accuracy in all outputs at all phases and milestones
- Assisting the Product Team with project estimates and ensuring objectives are realistic and achievable
- Making quality assurance a top priority by thorough testing and striving for flawless and bug-free projects
- Owning the development and delivery of front-end deliverables, and prove to be an invaluable member of the Crowdmark team
Ideally, you have
- Bachelor’s Degree (any discipline)
- 3-5 years in Front-end software development
- Familiarity with design tools (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop)
- Capability of developing features using ruby language
- Ability to use git, on a multi-person team
- Ability and willingness to write code that is easily maintained by others
- A strong sense of ownership, responsibility and self-motivation
- Strong knowledge in UX/UI
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
What's in it for you?
- Competitive compensation package (but you should also be someone who wants a piece of the upside at a fast-growing company)
- Collaborate with a smart and senior development team
- Make an impact with your first project
This is a full-time position based in Toronto or remote anywhere in Canada.
Interested? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.